Activation and fitting attachment loop
Included in the scope of delivery of each LEUCHTIE is a fixation loop, which serves as loss protection.
In order to secure the LEUCHTIE to a collar/ harness with the enclosed fixation loop, pull the open end of the tube through both transparent rubber rings of the loop.
To prevent your LEUCHTIE Mini from switching on during shipping, one of the batteries has been inserted upside down as a transport lock. For the first activation this battery must be turned around:
- To open the LEUCHTIE, separate the tube at the side of the size sticker from the battery pack with a slight twisting movement, taking care not to use excessive force
- Remove the battery from the end of the tube and turn it around.
- Place the battery into the light tube with the negative pole ahead.
- Push the battery pack back into the end of the tube. Take care that the spring is centred in the battery pack.
- Press tube and battery pack firmly together as far as it can go. There must be no gap between the battery pack and the tube.
Before using the LEUCHTIE for the first time please remove the transport lock (insulation cap). It is the red stopper located at the opposite side of the size sticker.
- To open the LEUCHTIE, separate the tube from the battery pack by pulling them apart with a slight angular movement, taking care not to use excessive force (1). In doing so, hold the silicone sleeve onto the battery pack.
- Remove the red insulation cap (2) and discard.
- To close the LEUCHTIE, insert the tube straight into the battery pack. Make sure that the contact spring at the end of the LED tubing goes in straight and is not bent over in any way.
- Press tube and battery pack firmly together as far as it can go. There must be no gap between the battery pack and the tube